Excellent Game, flaws a matter of choice?
This game has excellent controls, graphics, and gameplay. I enjoyed getting all the way through the arena to kill the Death Machine! I have some questions about some of the choices you made, many of which others are calling major flaws in the game. Namely:
1. There is no saving. Considering the game is rather short, maybe this was done to increase playtime or make it more difficult?
2. There is no going back in the weapon tree. I feel that this, while annoying at first, actually encourages replaying the game, to see the different guns. Also, if you play smart and save your weapon points once you have completed one tree you can switch to a different tree at any time and go straight to the final weapon.
3. Lack of Health pickups. This one I have to agree with. Sometimes health pickups would spawn one right after the other in one level and then not appear for the next 2 levels. This is somewhat remedied by buying upgrades, but once you have bought the final one...
4. Not being able to play all the rooms. Play again.
5. Losing when you win. This puzzled me too. I killed the death machine and then it said I lost. Is this supposed to be saying that nobody can actually win on Saturday Night Bloodbath? If so, I applaud the gallows humor, if its just a mistake, then you should fix that.
All in all my only real complaint is that the Rush levels were a bit unfair. I managed to beat them... but if you happen to be using the magnum tree when you get there, you're doomed.
Great game, hope to see more!